We have now launched our improved 3rd generation Melanocyte Cell Culture Portfolio featuring:
- Melanocyte Growth Medium M3: an improved serum-free, bovine pituitary extract (BPE)-free, and phorbol myristate acetate (PMA)-free media formulation; and
- Normal Human Epidermal Melanocytes M3 from juvenile and adult donors
The newly developed Melanocyte Growth Medium M3 features an improved media formulation which is free of serum, BPE, and PMA. This allows the highest possible degree of standardization when culturing human melanocytes by avoiding commonly used undefined media components such as serum and BPE. Our media also prevents adverse effects on cell metabolism associated with PMA.
Normal human epidermal melanocytes (NHEM) isolated in the Melanocyte Growth Medium M3 are also available from juvenile and adult donors. Additional information regarding tissue localization and pigmentation is available on request for all lots.
- Complete melanocyte and media portfolio offering guaranteed growth performance
- BPE-free and serum-free formulation allowing a greater degree of standardization and minimal lot-to-lot fluctuation
- No adverse effects of PMA on cell metabolism
- Each produced lot is tested for characteristic cell markers, growth promoting activity and characteristic dendritic cell morphology