Normal Human Epidermal Melanocytes M3 (NHEM M3)
Primary human epidermal melanocytes isolated in PMA-free Melanocyte Growth Medium M3. Available from juvenile and adult donors.
PromoCell uses the Bioz AI engine to display product citations. This content is currently blocked due to your cookie preferences.
- Product Description
- Additional Information
- Data & Figures
- Technical Library
- Reference Literature
Primary Normal Human Epidermal Melanocytes M3 (NHEM M3) are isolated from the epidermis of juvenile foreskin or adult skin from different locations including the face, the breasts, the abdomen, and the thighs.
Melanocytes are located in the stratum basale, but branch out between the keratinocytes in suprabasal layers. About 5-10 % of the cells in the epidermis are melanocytes.
The main purpose of melanocytes is the production of melanin, the protein responsible for the pigmentation of the skin, eyes, and hair. Melanin protects the cells in the skin and in deeper layers from the hazardous effects of UV radiation. It is produced and stored in melanosomes, which are located close to the melanocyte membrane, but it can also be transferred to neighboring keratinocytes.
PromoCell Normal Human Epidermal Melanocytes M3 are isolated using the serum-free, BPE-free and PMA-free Melanocyte Growth Medium M3. Since PMA (phorbol myristate acetate) is a tumor promoting mitogen, it can interfere with experimental approaches. Therefore, we recommend using cells isolated in Melanocyte Growth Medium M3 and also using this medium for cultivation.
- Isolated in BPE-free, serum-free and PMA-free Melanocyte Growth Medium M3
- No adverse effects of PMA (Phorbol Myristate Acetate) on cell metabolism
- Each produced lot is tested for growth performance up to 15 population doublings, adherence rate, viability, and characteristic dendritic cell morphology
- Guaranteed cell expansion performance when cultured in Melanocyte Growth Medium M3
Normal Human Epidermal Keratinocytes (NHEK) and Normal Human Dermal Fibroblasts (NHDF) from the same donor are available on request.
Our NHEM M3 are also available from HLA-typed donors.
- Cryopreserved: Cryogenic vial containing 500.000 viable cells.
- Proliferating: 500.000 viable cells shipped in growth medium (T25 flask).
- Cell pellet: 1 million cells dissolved in 200µl RNAlater© for subsequent RNA, DNA or protein analysis. Cell pellets cannot be revived.
|Recommended plating density||5,000 – 10,000 cells per cm2|
|Passage After Thawing||P2|
|Tested Markers||Mel-5 positive|
|Guaranteed Population Doubling||> 15|