- Product Description
- Additional Information
- Data & Figures
- Technical Library
- Reference Literature
Our Primary Human Cardiac Myocytes (HCM) are isolated from the ventricles of the adult heart. They are qualified for in vitro research on cardiac diseases and for pharmacological studies. Our HCM do not spontaneously beat in vitro, but unlike freshly isolated rod-shaped myocytes, our HCM can be cultured for at least 15 population doublings. Therefore, when cultured in our Myocyte Growth Medium, HCM are suitable for long-term experiments like investigating the long-term effects of cytokines, toxicological screenings, or cell-cell interactions.
- Request our GMP compliant cell culture medium for cardiac myocytes.
- Our HCM are now also available from HLA-typed and Diabetes Diabetes Type I and Type II/Cardiomypathy donors.
- Cryopreserved: Cryogenic vial containing 500.000 viable cells.
- Proliferating: >500.000 viable cells shipped in growth medium (T25 flask).
- Cell pellet: 1 million cells dissolved in 200µl RNAlater© for subsequent RNA, DNA or protein analysis. Cell pellets cannot be revived.
|Recommended plating density||10,000 – 15,000 cells per cm2|
|Passage After Thawing||P2|
|Tested Markers||Sarcomeric alpha-Actinin positive, Slow muscle myosin positive|
|Guaranteed Population Doubling||> 15|