Human Bronchial Smooth Muscle Cells (HBSMC)
Human Bronchial Smooth Muscle Cells isolated from the human bronchi from single donors.
PromoCell uses the Bioz AI engine to display product citations. This content is currently blocked due to your cookie preferences.
Primary Human Bronchial Smooth Muscle Cells (HBSMC) are isolated from the bronchi from single donors and stain positive for smooth muscle α-actin. They connect the endings of the bronchial cartilage and consequently regulate the airway lumen. Under pathological conditions like asthma, the amount of smooth muscle cells in the bronchi walls is increased leading to smooth muscle hypertrophy or hyperplasia. Hence, HBSMC are suitable for in vitro studies of asthma and other pulmonary diseases.
- Request our GMP compliant cell culture media for smooth muscle cells.
- Our HBSMC are now also available from HLA-typed and COPD/Asthma donors.
- Cryopreserved: Cryogenic vial containing 500.000 viable cells.
- Proliferating: >500.000 viable cells shipped in growth medium (T25 flask).
- Cell pellet: 1 million cells dissolved in 200µl RNAlater© for subsequent RNA, DNA or protein analysis. Cell pellets cannot be revived.
|Recommended plating density||5,000 – 10,000 cells per cm2|
|Passage After Thawing||P2|
|Tested Markers||Smooth muscle α-Actin positive, CD31 negative|
|Guaranteed Population Doubling||> 15|