Normal Human Epidermal Keratinocytes (NHEK)
Primary Human Keratinocytes isolated from the epidermis of juvenile foreskin or adult skin from single or pooled donors.
PromoCell uses the Bioz AI engine to display product citations. This content is currently blocked due to your cookie preferences.
- Product Description
- Additional Information
- Data & Figures
- Technical Library
- Reference Literature
Primary Normal Human Epidermal Keratinocytes (NHEK) are available from single or from pooled donors isolated from the epidermis of juvenile foreskin or adult skin from different locations like the face, the breasts, the abdomen, and the thighs. They are the major cell type in the epidermis, making up about 90% of the cells.
Epidermal keratinocytes originate in the stratum basale and move up through the layers of the epidermis. During this movement, they undergo gradual differentiation and morphology changes until they reach the stratum corneum, where they form a layer of nucleus-free, flat, and highly keratinized squamous cells. This layer forms an effective barrier to the entry of infectious agents into the body and minimizes moisture loss.
Keratinocytes are also able to produce a variety of cytokines, growth factors, interleukins and complement factors. Therefore keratinocytes are important for wound healing, inflammation, and immune response.
Normal Human Dermal Fibroblasts (NHDF) and Normal Human Epidermal Melanocytes (NHEM) cultured in M2 medium from the same donor are available on request.
- Request our GMP compliant cell culture media for keratinocytes.
- Our NHEK are now also available from HLA-typed and Diabetes Type I and Type II donors.
- Cryopreserved: Cryogenic vial containing 500.000 viable cells.
- Proliferating: >500.000 viable cells shipped in growth medium (T25 flask).
- Cell pellet: 1 million cells dissolved in 200µl RNAlater© for subsequent RNA, DNA or protein analysis. Cell pellets cannot be revived.
|Recommended plating density||5,000 cells per cm2|
|Passage After Thawing||P2|
|Tested Markers||Cytokeratin positive|
|Guaranteed Population Doubling||> 15|