Our Air-Liquid Interface Medium (ALI-Airway) is a serum- and bovine pituitary extract (BPE)-free cell culture medium for the standardized generation of a 3D airway model with a reproducible epithelial barrier function using Human Bronchial Epithelial Cells (HBEpC). The medium contains a low level of growth factors to maintain a non-proliferating cell population and it suits perfect for long-term culture on a semipermeable membrane. The functionality of the airway epithelial cells can be monitored by a fast development of an epithelial barrier formed by tight junctions.
In addition to the ALI-Airway medium, we provide HBEpCs pre-screened for epithelial barrier formation in our ALI-Airway medium. When culturing ALI pre-screened HBEpC in our ALI-Airway Medium, we guarantee a stable transepithelial electrical resistance (TEER) of > 500 Ω*cm2 until 4 weeks of culture at air-liquid-interface. Together with our Airway Epithelial Cell Growth Medium and ALI pre-screened HBEpC, the ALI-Airway medium constitute a standardized system to facilitate reproducible and physiologically relevant respiratory research.
- Minimize lot-to-lot variation by optimized BPE-free and serum-free formulation
- Stable and uniform TEER values of > 500 Ω*cm2 until 4 weeks of culture
- ALI pre-screened HBEpC available on request , optionally from HLA-typed and COPD/Asthma donors
- Differentiated bronchial epithelial cells will be kept in a healthy status with a cell viability > 70 %
- 1x Basal Medium, 500ml
- 1x SupplementMix for 500ml
Adding the SupplementMix to the Basal Medium results in complete Growth Medium.