Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells (HUVEC)
Primary Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells isolated from the vein of the umbilical cord of single, pooled or pre-screened donors.
PromoCell uses the Bioz AI engine to display product citations. This content is currently blocked due to your cookie preferences.
- Product Description
- Additional Information
- Data & Figures
- Technical Library
- Reference Literature
Primary Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells (HUVEC) are isolated from the vein of the umbilical cord and are commonly used for physiological and pharmacological investigations, such as macromolecule transport, blood coagulation, angiogenesis, and fibrinolysis.
PromoCell offers HUVEC isolated in standard Endothelial Cell Growth Medium. The cells are supplied either from single donors or from pooled donors (from up to four different umbilical cords).
(Human Umbilical Artery Endothelial Cells (HUAEC) from the same donor are available on request.)
In addition, HUVEC are available which are pre-screened for VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) response. VEGF is an important signaling protein involved in both vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. In vitro, VEGF has been shown to stimulate endothelial cell mitogenesis, cell migration, sprouting, and microvascular permeability.
- Request our GMP compliant cell culture media for endothelial cells.
- Our HUVEC are now also available from HLA-typed donors.
- Cryopreserved: Cryogenic vial containing 500.000 viable cells.
- Proliferating: >500.000 viable cells shipped in growth medium (T25 flask).
- Cell pellet: 1 million cells dissolved in 200µl RNAlater© for subsequent RNA, DNA or protein analysis. Cell pellets cannot be revived.
|Recommended plating density||5,000 – 10,000 cells per cm2|
|Passage After Thawing||P1|
|Tested Markers||CD31 positive, Dil-Ac-LDL uptake positive|
|Guaranteed Population Doubling||> 15|